Michael has exclusively practiced family law since 2001. After practicing family law for almost a decade, Michael became a North Carolina board-certified specialist in family law in 2009. He joined Plumides, Romano & Johnson in July 2015 after being the sole owner of Family Law Associates for 7 1/2 years. Michael only handles family law issues, which means you will be working with a highly-skilled family law attorney who is dedicated to your case.
Working with a board-certified family law specialist will go a long way towards protecting your rights. Michael understands all the challenges you will face when dealing with a family law matter and what options are available to help you find the best resolution. Board-certification as a family law specialist means he knows how to effectively evaluate and address your specific issues. Michael is passionate about helping individuals and families – and he has been navigating the complex issues you and your family may face since 2001.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Pre and Post Marital Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Child Custody and Child Support
- Alienation of Affection and Criminal Conversation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist
- North Carolina, 2001
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma J.D. – 1999
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1996 Major: Political Science, Minors: History and English
- Introduction to Family Law, Divorced/Separated Group