Michael Romano attended the University of North Carolina at Charlotte for his undergraduate and graduated from the University of Tulsa College of Law, where he obtained his JD.
Michael has exclusively practiced family law since 2001. After practicing family law for almost a decade, Michael became a North Carolina board-certified specialist in family law in 2009. He joined Plumides, Romano & Johnson in July 2015 after being the sole owner of Family Law Associates for 7 1/2 years. Michael only handles family law issues, which means you will be working with a highly-skilled family law attorney who is dedicated to your case.
Working with a board-certified family law specialist will go a long way towards protecting your rights. Michael understands all the challenges you will face when dealing with a family law matter and what options are available to help you find the best resolution. Board-certification as a family law specialist means he knows how to effectively evaluate and address your specific issues. Michael is passionate about helping individuals and families – and he has been navigating the complex issues you and your family may face since 2001.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Pre and Post Marital Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Child Custody and Child Support
- Alienation of Affection and Criminal Conversation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist
- North Carolina, 2001
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma J.D. – 1999
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 1996 Major: Political Science, Minors: History and English
- Introduction to Family Law, Divorced/Separated Group