After 36 years of practice and 25 as a Board Certified Specialist in Family Law, I find that I genuinely like helping a client (and a family) obtain a just result and move through a challenging period in life with dignity and grace.
I have served the state and local Bars in several leadership positions, including ethics and fee-dispute-related appointments. They are interesting, but what makes me want to get to work each morning and even look forward to Monday morning is that client relationship. Whether a case resolves in negotiation, mediation, or litigation (trial), the important thing is helping a person in a most trying period of life.
Long ago, Judge Resa Harris advised me that if I always placed the client’s interest first and foremost, I would have more clients than I could say grace over. She was right.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Equitable Distribution
- Pre and Post Marital Agreements
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Child Custody and Child Support
- Criminal and Traffic Defense
Certified Legal Specialties
- North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Family Law Specialist
- North Carolina State Bar 1986 – present (not association)
- Tulane University Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana J.D. – Juris Doctor 1985
- Rutgers University Graduate School of Education, New Brunswick, New Jersey Ed.M. – 1981
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey – B.A., Bachelors of Arts – 1976
- 26th Judicial District Domestic Court Bar Committee, Rules Subcommittee Chair, 2007-2020
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Fee Dispute Resolution Committee, Chair, 2006-2010
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Law Day Committee, Chair, 2005 – 2006
- North Carolina State Bar, Bar Candidate Committee Chair, 2001 – 2016
- Mecklenburg County Bar, Grievance Committee, Panelist – Investigator, 2000-2010