Aggressive Criminal Defense Attorneys
At Plumides, Romano &Johnson, we take an aggressive, strategic approach to criminal defense. We begin with the idea that each case is going to trial. By preparing cases for trial, we work through each detail upfront.
This allows us to prepare motions and pretrial work early so we can use it to negotiate with the prosecution. In some cases, the pretrial work reveals information that allows us to argue for the reduction or dismissal of the charges. If appropriate to the case, we work with experts in areas such as forensic evidence, DNA, fingerprints, computer forensics and psychiatry.
Call 704-333-9900 to discuss your particular situation.
A Team You Can Count On
You can rely on a team led by Greg Plumides for highly experienced representation in North Carolina State and Federal criminal law. Greg has over 20 years of experience and has handled thousands of cases. Greg has successfully defended individuals accused of crimes in both State and Federal courts in North Carolina. He has received numerous awards for his work in criminal law, including being named as a “Top 100 Lawyer” by the National Advocates and a “Legal Elite” for Criminal Law by the North Carolina Magazine and an AVVO 10.0 Superb rated Attorney.
What Type Of Charges Are You Facing?
We represent North Carolina residents and visitors who are charged with felony and misdemeanor crimes in our state. Our extensive criminal defense practice includes:
- All State and Federal Charges
- All Misdemeanors and Felonies
- DUI / DWI defense — Our attorneys will work to protect your driving privileges and resolve DUI / DWI charges.
- Grand Jury representation — If you have received a letter or notice that you are to testify before a grand jury, we can help guide you.
- Robbery, Theft and Violent Crimes — Our attorneys have a wealth of knowledge to help you face this situation.
- Domestic Violence/Restraining Orders — We have proven strategies to help you.
- Gun Charges — Our law firm is very knowledgeable in both State and Federal gun law.
- Tax Evasion, Fraud or Embezzlement — We have the necessary experience to deal with these areas.
- Traffic violations — We will guide you effectively in responding to traffic offenses.
- Sex crimes — Our law firm provides strong defense against sex crime allegations.
- Drug crimes — We know how to push back against drug charges such as possession, distribution and trafficking.
- White Collar Offenses — Our full-service criminal defense practice also encompasses property offenses of all types, including theft, fraud and embezzlement.
- Expungements – Depending on the circumstance, you may be eligible to expunge dismissed charges as well as some convictions from your North Carolina criminal record
- Appeals — Our attorneys have won cases that had to be appealed to another court.
Have questions about your specific situation? Our detailed FAQ’s can help provide you with answers before we meet.
Can You Get Out On Bond?
It is important to have representation early in your case so bond/bail may be addressed. Depending on the charges, defendants typically have a right to bail/bond. Often a magistrate may have set a bond amount shortly after arrest. The prosecutor will give his or her bond recommendation at the hearing and the judge decides whether to grant, reduce or increase the bond amount. It is important to have aggressive, experienced representation to get a bond or a reduction as soon as possible so the defendant can have a chance of getting out of jail as soon as possible after arrest.